Thursday, February 21, 2013

Dear Fickle Fanny,

What is one of the best books you've ever read that changed how you lived?

What a wonderful question. One of the books that changed my life was, "French Women Don't Get Fat."

So while I was looking on their Facebook page the other day I saw where someone had commented on the page about a cookbook called, "The Little French Kitchen." So I began to dig and what I found was a lovely treasure, a diamond in the cyber rough.


French inspired cooking from a tiny kitchen in Paris.

I am inspired.


From the cooking channel website for Rachel Khoo I copied a list of what every little french Kitchen should keep stocked in their pantry:

Butter
Olive Oil
Chicken Broth
Canned Whole plum tomatoes
Canned & Dried Beans and Lentils
Rice (long grain white)
Dijon Mustard
Gruyere Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Cream
Cream Fleurette
Cream Fraiche
Onion
Carrot
Celery
Shallot
Garlic
Leeks
Cooking Wine

Dear Fickle Fanny....

Are you going to purchase these items for your pantry?

Yes, I am. I love the idea of a well stocked pantry. And since my little cottage has one this will be a wonderful list to work from. I also plan on purchasing this cookbook once the snow melts.

One more little note. My favorite thing about the book, "French Women Don't Get Fat," is that you keep a food journal, you walk everyday and once or twice a week you do Ballet or something like it. Eat well, eat a lot of many different things, eat whole foods made from scratch, eat at home, invite others to share your table and enjoy your life. It is a beautiful gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment